PACKERS AND MOVERS HELP
Packing and moving services are essential for a smooth and stress-free relocation experience. We can connect you with local pack and move companies, compare their prices and save up to 30% on the moving cost with no quality compromises.
Free no-obligation quotes
Pay up to 30% less for your next move
Safe and trusted movers and packers
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ”Found the best movers ” – Zara
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ”Easy and quick to use ” – Carolyn
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ”Really good prices ” – Menaz
Why Compare Movers And Packers?
You can get better prices and reduce the time of searching for local packing and moving experts.
- Time and Energy Savings: Professional movers handle the entire moving process efficiently, allowing you to focus on other priorities.
- Cost-Effective: Using a paid packing service may involve an initial expense but proves cost-effective in the long term by preventing damage, minimizing trips, and eliminating the need for buying packing materials.
- Stress Reduction: Friendly and skilled removers can help alleviate the stress and physical strain associated with moving, allowing you to focus on other aspects of the transition.
- Insurance Coverage: You get insurance for your belongings, offering peace of mind in case of accidents or damage during the move.
What Movers And Packers Do?
They can pack the boxes, move them to your new home and unpack a quick home settlement.
When time is limited or you do not want to get involved, you can opt for a packing and moving service. They can come pack the boxes room by room, label them, create a detailed inventory list and transport them to your new home.
What are the services you will receive?
- Provide packing materials – House packers and movers in the UK will have all the necessary boxes and materials to protect and prepare your home for house removal. They will use quality materials that can withstand the weight and weather conditions for best protection.
- Do partial or full packing – you can choose to get a room-only packing, packing of the breakables only or opt-in for a full packing service. It is important to know how much you can do yourself, so everything is ready when the moving team arrive.
- Unpacking of the boxes – Once at the new address, the removal men can help you unpack the boxes and get rid of the debris. Depending on your budget you can choose to have just the boxes emptied or you can request your belongings to be placed inside the shelves and drawers.
Pack And Move Service Costs
The average packing and moving price in the UK currently is £885. The final price can vary due to a few factors.
- Size of the move – Depending on how much furniture and belongings you have accumulated, the moving company will calculate how many vehicles and manpower will be needed for the move.
- Property access – Moving out of a flat on the second or third floor with no lift available, will most likely take more time compared to moving out of a house with direct loading access.
- Distance between properties – Long-distance moves will cost more compared to a local move simply because the fuel cost and travel time add up to the final price.
- Extra services – Many movers and packers also offer extra services like clearance, storage, specialist removals and even cleaning. Any added service will increase the price.
- Other fees – These extra costs could be parking suspensions, Congestion charges and ULEZ charge fees, tolls and ferry charges.
The cost of using a professional packing service will be determined by the number of boxes which need packing and the number of breakables compared to non-fragile items. The more fragile items will require wrapping, the longer it will take the packing team to finish their job. As an example, a team of 2 packers can pack up to 10 fragile items boxes in an hour. On the other hand, for the same amount of time, they can easily pack 25-30 boxes with books and clothes.
There are always ways to save money when moving. You can pack the clothes and leave the kitchen. Also, many movers and packers offer used boxes in good condition for almost nothing ( and some even offer them for free! ). Using second-hand boxes can save you hundreds of pounds, literally.
Hire a Professional Removal Company To Pack and Transport Your TV. Compare Prices Using Book A Mover To Find The Best Deal.
Hire Packers & Movers vs DIY
What are the pros and cons of each method when moving between properties?
Using Packers and Movers
✔ Your move will be much quicker and better organized.
✔ You don`t need to look for boxes and materials as the company you choose with come equipped.
✔ No need to take too much time off work, so you can use your holiday for something more fun.
✔ You don`t need to worry about how you will move heavy items like a piano or a washing machine
✔ The moving crew will bring all neccessary tools to take any furniture apart if needed. They will assemble it too.
✘ It might be more expensive to use help from the pros.
✘ You won`t have much control like sorting the clothes or books in a specific way when packing. The moving company will give you a quote based on hours they believe is enough to complete the move and the removal men sent will not have unlimited time and must follow strict rules and timing.
Do It Yourself
✔ It can be cheaper as you can you the help of friends, pack the boxes and ask someone you know who has a van to help with the transport.
✔ Flexibility on what, when and how to be done.
✘ You will need to hire a van, provide documents and pay a deposit.
✘ Whatever you pack and move by yourself will not be insured. If something is broken you will have to pay from your own pocket.
✘ Some items might be very heavy and you can risk your health.
✘ If you live in a big property, you most likely have a lot to pack and dismantle. This will take you days, even weeks, just to prepare to move.
Movers And Packers FAQs
Get answers to almost everything you don`t understand. Make an informative decision on who to hire.
Q: Will they pack my food and fridge?
Most UK packers and movers will not pack frozen food or empty your fridge. There are removal firms offering to help with this task but always ask before choosing your moving company if their insurance allows it or not.
If you are planning to store your belongings in a storage being the moving company`s warehouse or self-storage, you will not be allowed to store any type of food even for a day. The reason is a risk of contamination and pests for the storage company and the other customers.
Q: Do I need to give tips to the packers?
Giving a tip to the people packing and moving your home or office is an individual decision. The question Do you need to give a tip to the Packers separately can have different answers.
If you would like to express gratitude and give tips, you can give them to the packers if they are separate from the movers. You most likely will not see them again. But if the same movers are doing the packing too, we suggest waiting until the end of the move. You can always buy the movers and packers some refreshments and lunch if you simply want to say thank you for their hard work.
Q: Does the insurance cover all?
If you hire one company to do both packing and moving, their insurance should cover both services – packing the boxes and moving your belongings. Always read all quotes and documents sent to you when comparing movers & packers before making your final decision. Do not be afraid and make phone calls if needed, so the removal company can explain exactly what will be covered by their insurance.
Q: Can I use separate firms for each service?
You can absolutely use one moving company to pack your belongings and another to do the move. This is often used when moving abroad. Some international moving companies do not offer packing services, so you will have to find someone else to do the packing.
On the other hand, using one house removal company to do everything is much more simple and cheaper. In case of any issues, if you use 2 firms, they can use the excuse of blaming each other for not taking responsibility.
Get Local Moving & Packing Quotes
It takes less than a minute and within a few hours, you will get fully vetted and insured local movers giving you prices.